Following two evenings of full-house, The Three Ladies of Macao is back – this time as part of the programme of Macao’s annual Literary Festival, The Script Road.Working with new performers who promise to bring a breath of fresh air, the production team invites you to join us for another evening of fun and thoughts.
Date: 18 March, 2017 (Saturday)
Venue: Black Box Theatre (E21)
Free admission tickets are available for collection during office hours from the English Department Office (E21-4068). Alternatively, you may also approach the ticket counter at the Old Court Building during 12:00-20:00 (459 Av. da Praia Grande, Macao).
For enquiries, please contact Prof. Katrine K. Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original script by Katrine K. Wong, with Jasmine Chen, Angie Lo, Robin Yu, Lisa Li and Travis Wang.
The Three Ladies of Macao (3LM), conceived in Canada and written in Macau, is set in Macao in the 1960s. Inspired by the idea of allegory in Robert Wilson’s The Three Ladies of London, 3LM is an original play made in Macao, about Macao. A 13-strong international cast – all members of the University of Macau – will perform more than 20 roles. The 90-minute play is about love and lust, murder and deceit, hope and darkness. In a Macao where churches thrive alongside brothels and lust trumps morality, and where Lucre’s expanding power terrorises and manipulates her peers, her followers and her fellow residents, one can still see the city’s inherent, simple goodness.
1. Students who attend the WHOLE activity and arrive ON TIME will be given one Smart Point
2. Students who arrive late or leave early within 10 minutes will be given only half a Smart Point
3. Students who arrive late or leave early over 10 minutes will NOT be given any Smart Point
4. Students who leave the venue during the activity for over 15 minutes will NOT be given any Smart Point
5. Students are required to check in/out of the activity with Student ID Card. For those who do not respect the activity or neglect the staff’s guidance, SAO reserves the right to cancel his/her Smart Point.