The University of Macau (UM) Faculty of Arts and Humanities recently signed a collaboration agreement with the Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press in Beijing on a project to translate and publish Chinese and Portuguese classics.
According to the agreement, both parties will jointly compile a list of Chinese and Portuguese books in the areas of literature, language, culture, history, and art, for translation and publication. Both parties will also offer training courses in translation to students and graduates of the Department of Portuguese as well as those who want to pursue a career in Chinese-Portuguese translation.
The booklist has already been completed. Portuguese books on the list include the works of Luis de Camões, Gil Vicente, Sophia de Mello Breyner Andersen, José Cardoso Pires, Cesário Verde, and José Saramago. Chinese books on the list include the works of Lu Xun, Feng Youlan, Qian Zhongshu, Yan Lianke, Jia Pingwa, and Ge Fei. The project’s coordinator is Department of Portuguese Head Yao Jingming.
- 澳大翻譯中葡文學育雙語人才 [澳門日報] 2017-05-27 B02 澳聞
- 澳大與北京外研社簽翻譯出版協議 [大眾報] 2017-05-27 P08 澳門新聞
- 澳大與北京外研社簽翻譯出版協議 [濠江日報] 2017-05-27 A02 澳門新聞
- 澳大與北京外研社簽翻譯出版協議 [正報] 2017-05-27 P04
- 澳大與北京外研社簽署翻譯出版協議 [新華澳報] 2017-05-27 P02
- Universidade de Macau e maior editora universitária da China vão traduzir clássicos portugueses e chineses [Ponto Final] 2017-05-29 P4