The Department of Portuguese under the University of Macau (UM) Faculty of Arts and Humanities (FAH) today (6 November) held the 15th Portuguese Speech Contest in the theatre of the Student Activity Centre. The event aimed to promote Portuguese language studies, increase students’ interest in learning Portuguese, and reward the best-performing students.
A total of nine students from the Macau University of Science and Technology, Macao Polytechnic Institute (IPM), and UM participated in the contest. The event attracted hundreds of students, and provided a good opportunity for students to listen to inspiring speeches in Portuguese and improve their ability to understand and speak the Portuguese language.
Participating students were selected for the final contest by their teachers. During the final, they delivered their speeches in front of an enthusiastic audience. They were also interviewed by a panel of experts and public figures. This year’s topic was ‘Encontra-me na Net’ (meet me on the internet).
The Portuguese Speech Contest is an annual event organised by the Department of Portuguese. At this year’s contest, Liu Xingyu from IPM won the championship. Xu Yifei from UM won the second prize. Tang Jiaxuan and Zhao Zeyang from UM each won a third prize. Lei Lai I from IPM won the fourth prize.
The prizes were sponsored by local donors, namely the Macao Foundation (first prize), the newspaper Tribuna de Macau (second prize), Fundação Oriente (third prize), and Banco Nacional Ultramarino (fourth prize). The gifts for all the participants were sponsored by Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute (IPIM) and Macao Post.
- 澳大第15屆葡語演講比賽圓滿舉行 [澳門政府新聞-中文版] 2017-11-06
- 葡語演講比賽 理工學生摘冠 [濠江日報] 2017-11-07 A12 澳門新聞
- 葡語演講比賽理工學生摘冠 [大眾報] 2017-11-07 P08 澳門新聞
- 澳大葡語演講賽圓滿舉行 [澳門日報] 2017-11-09 B08 澳聞 教育園地
- 葡語演講賽名花有主 [華僑報] 2017-11-09 23 澳聞
- UM holds 15th Portuguese Speech Contest [澳門政府新聞-英文版] 2017-11-06
- A UM organizou o 15.º Concurso de Eloquência em Língua Portuguesa [Gabinete de Comunicação Social] 2017-11-06
- Aluna do Instituto Politécnico vence Concurso de Eloquência em Língua Portuguesa [Ponto Final] 2017-11-07 P8
- Língua Portuguesa cria oportunidades e abre ‘horizontes’ [JTM] 2017-11-07 P1, 10-11