The University of Macau (UM) recently received approval from the Office of Chinese Language Council International to establish a Confucius Institute, as a response to the Macao SAR government’s effort to participate in China’s ‘One Belt One Road’ initiative and to develop Macao into an international platform for Chinese language education for overseas countries, especially Portuguese-speaking countries. The Confucius Institute at UM is expected to become operational in early 2018.
UM Rector Wei Zhao and Faculty of Arts and Humanities Dean Hong Gang Jin recently (12 December) attended the 12th Confucius Institute Assembly held in Xi’an. At the opening ceremony, Zhao and Jin received a plaque inscribed with ‘Confucius Institute’ from Liu Yandong, vice premier of the State Council and council chair of the headquarters of Confucius Institute.
UM’s Confucius Institute, which will be under the FAH, will be located on the ground floor of E34 and is currently in the design and construction process. UM will establish a temporary office in early 2018 to carry out the work plan of the institute. FAH Dean Hong Gang Jin and Associate Dean Shi Jianguo will serve as the director and deputy director of the institute, respectively.
The institute will make good use of Macao’s unique status as a special administrative region, its advantageous geographic location, as well as its cultural and linguistic diversity to develop into an international platform for Chinese language teaching, training, and exchange for students from Portuguese-speaking countries and countries with relations with Macao. Based on the courses in teaching Chinese as a foreign language offered by the Department of Chinese Language and Literature, the institute will integrate teaching and research resources both inside and outside the university as well as those from the Department of Portuguese to carry out various training and research activities, cultural exchange activities, as well as Chinese language proficiency examinations.
The Confucius Institute is an important platform for the world to learn more about China and study the Chinese language. 525 branches have been established in 146 countries and regions since 2004, when the first Confucius Institute was founded.
- 靳洪剛及侍建國出任正副院長 澳大設孔子學院促漢語發展 [澳門日報] 2017-12-15 B06 澳聞
- 推動澳門成面向國際漢語教學交流平台澳大孔子學院明年初運作 [華僑報] 2017-12-15 33 澳聞
- 澳大獲准設孔子學院推動漢語發展 [市民日報] 2017-12-15 P05 澳聞
- 澳大將設孔子學院 [正報] 2017-12-15 P04
- 澳大將設孔子學院 推動國際漢語發展 [濠江日報] 2017-12-14 (17:39) 澳門新聞
- 澳大孔子學院 推動漢語發展 [現代澳門日報] 2017-12-15 (02:30) 要聞
- 辦好孔子學院更好為中葡經貿平台服務 [新華澳報網] 2017-12-15 (04:45) 華澳人語
- 澳大設孔子學院推廣漢語國際化 [巴士的報] 2017-12-14 (21:35) 澳門事
- 澳大將設孔子學院 推動國際漢語發展 [澳門會展經濟報] 2017-12-14 (21:40) 即時資訊
- 澳大獲批設孔子學院 [澳門時報] 2017-12-15 (02:14) 新聞
- 澳門大學將設孔子學院 推動國際漢語發展 [香港新聞網] 2017-12-14 (19:51) 澳门新聞
- 澳大將設孔子學院 [澳門特報] 2017-12-15 A3
- Confucius Institute to open on UM campus [澳門郵報] 2017-12-15 P05 MACAU / NATION
- Education | University of Macau to establish Confucius Institute [澳門每日時報] 2017-12-15 (08:04) Macau
- Macao to inaugurate Confucius Institute at University of Macao [新華網 – 英文版] 2017-12-14 (20:29) New China
- MACAO SAR to launch Confucius Institute [中國日報香港版] 2017-12-15 P04 CHINA Briefly
- Universidade de Macau vai acolher Instituto Confúcio [Ponto final] 2017/12/15