CALL FOR INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
The English Language Centre, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, University of Macau is advertising for interns to assist in its residential Summer Enhancement Programme on campus, in the summer of 2016. Internships are open to undergraduate and graduate students studying through the medium of English, who are interested in teaching English.
On the Summer English Immersion Programme, under the guidance of experienced instructors, ELT interns help the University of Macau’s local, incoming undergraduate students to improve their English. Interns work with largely Chinese-speaking students in small groups, inside and outside the classroom, to help them academically; they provide communication practice to reinforce their classroom learning; and they create opportunities for students to use their English in a range of extra-curricular settings.
There will be the opportunity for interns to receive instruction in Chinese (Mandarin) during the programme.
Interns are expected to arrive in time for the first of two induction days on 30th June 2016. The teaching period of the Summer Bridge Programme runs from 4 July – 29 July (4 weeks).
Interns are expected to be available for the induction days and for the full 4 week duration of the summer programme. You are expected to arrive on 29 June 2016.
This opportunity will be of interest to students who are seeking an international internship related to teaching English as a Second Language, and who wish to experience living in Macau.
The University of Macau provides:
- Travel subsidy for those coming from outside Macau (the equivalent of USD800 for those travelling from outside Asia; USD400 for those travelling from within Asia)
- A living subsidy of USD2000 for the programme overall
- Accommodation in shared (twin) rooms in the campus Residential Colleges
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com (subject line: IELT) by 10 March 2016.
- Cover letter (stating your past relevant work experience, your field of study, and your leadership ability)
- Recent reference letter from a professor
For more information about UM, please visit www.umac.mo