Considering the Study Abroad to Portugal and Brazil in the second semester of academic year 2016/2017 i would like to submit for your kind information and reference, the following conditions recently approved by the UM and that you must follow:
ELIGIBILITY and CONDITIONS TO FOLLOW FOR COURSE EXEMPTION:
|Application Requirement for Joining the Study Abroad Programme||** Requirement for Course Exemption/Waiver upon return to UM|
|· Cumulative GPA at 2.3 or above|
·Portuguese language proficiency at B2 level or above; and
·UM rules on course exemption/waiver
- VERY IMPORTANT:
- The Portuguese language proficiency can be proven by the CAPLE or CELPE-Bras (Certificado de Proficiência em Língua Portuguesa para Estrangeiros/Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese for Foreigners) examinations, or the placement test arranged by the Department of Portuguese. The placement test will normally be scheduled one week before the first phase of course add/drop period.
- Any applications for course exemption/waiver without achieving the required Portuguese language proficiency levels upon their return will not be considered.
- Students who meet the above-mentioned requirement may apply for course exemption/waiver by submitting their applications with the supporting documents, such as course outlines, official course descriptions, lecture hours, course grades, etc. to the Department of Portuguese for consideration.
- For the students who do not meet the above-mentioned requirement but have joined the study abroad programme on their own, they will not be allowed to take the placement test mentioned in notes 1. Students who wish to apply for course exemption/waiver must provide the certificate of DIPLE (Diploma Intermédio de Português Língua Estrangeira – B2 Level) or above together with their applications for the consideration of Department of Portuguese.
For the students who return from the study abroad programme but do not meet the Portuguese language proficiency requirement for course exemption/waiver, the Department of Portuguese will advise them to retake the Portuguese language courses which they have failed or obtained lower grade (below grade C), and provide mandatory tutorial classes for them to improve the Portuguese language proficiency.
APPLICATION FORMS FOR UNIVERSITIES:
We have prepared to assist you with a check-list of documents that you must have ready before November 23, 2016. Please read and fill in all forms carefully.
Universities Application forms and information:
Condições para frequência:
Data de inicio do curso e conclusão do período de exames: http://www.uc.pt/fluc/ensino/cpe/calcp/funcionamento
Valor das propinas: http://www.uc.pt/fluc/ensino/cpe/calcp/inscricoes_taxas
Fichas de inscrição: http://www.uc.pt/fluc/ensino/cpe/calcp/inscricoes_taxas
Lista das disciplinas que os alunos podem frequentar (plano de estudos):
As datas do 2º semestre do nosso 60º curso anual são as seguintes:
2º Semestre – de 8 de Fevereiro a 31 de Maio de 2017
PREÇO por Semestre – 1240 euros
As aulas decorrem 4 dias por semana, entre as 8h e as 12h OU entre as 14h e as 18h. O aluno escolhe o horário que prefere.
Temos todos os níveis, desde o A1 ao C2, mas ainda não sabemos se teremos turmas de todos os níveis de manhã e à tarde, pois necessitamos de, pelo menos, 8 alunos com o mesmo nível para abrir uma turma.
Envio, em anexo, as sinopses das várias disciplinas correspondentes aos vários níveis.
Data de inicio do semestre – 13 de fevereiro 2017
Data de fim de semestre ‐ 9 de junho 2017
Período de exames 15 a 28 de junho 2017
Epoca de recurso – 3 a 14 de julho 2017
Valor das propinas – como serão considerados estudantes visitantes o valor da propina de 3000.euros anuais ( i.e. 1500 euros semestrais)
Alojamento – é possível fazer a candidatura a alojamento na UA – o preço mensal ronda os 160.00 euros
In the meantime, you may also gather important information provided to UM students joining exchange and study abroad programs. The information is provided by the Global Affairs Office of the UM and is available HERE.
All Visa applications will be processed on a single schedule. Time will be confirmed once available.
Please check and fill-in the attached documents:
- Visa Application Form
- Self Declaration Form
- Visa Declaration Template
- Visa Application Template
- Documents Required for Applying Visa
You are required to comply with all UM regulations, including the ones regarding Credit Transfer (article I. of the General Rules Governing Bachelor Degree Programmes).
Once you have obtained your Visa to study abroad, the following procedures should be followed before departure:
Submit to our office the following forms:
While studying abroad, please note that you are required to enroll in courses of similar content as the ones in your Portuguese Studies Major study plan, 3rd year, second semester, for a total of 5 courses, corresponding to 15 credit units as follows:
PTSB320-PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE OF THE LUSOPHONE COUNTRIES II
PTSB321-PRACTICAL WRITING FOR PROFESSIONAL PURPOSES II
PTSB322-ADVANCED INTERMEDIATE COMPREHENSION AND PRODUCTION SKILLS II
PTSB326-MODERN AND CONTEMPORARY HISTORY OF THE PORTUGUESE-SPEAKING NATIONS II
Plus 1 equivalent additional courses chosen from the below list:
PTSB323-TRANSLATION II (CHINESE-PORTUGUESE)
PTSB324-PORTUGUESE LINGUISTICS: GRAMMAR
PTSB325-INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY OF THE LITERATURE OF THE PORTUGUESE-SPEAKING WORLD II
PTSB327-SPECIAL TOPIC III (any course relevant to the Major, requires prior approval from Prof. Ana Nunes, Program Coordinator)
All Students must enroll in courses at B2 level.
FOR REFERENCE: European Framework for Language Teaching
REQUESTING COURSE EXEMPTION:
Documents required for submission:
- Course Exemption or Course Exemption
- Supplementary information for application for course exemption
- Certificate of Portuguese language proficiency at B2 level or above
- Diploma and/or Certificate with Grades (should include number of credits obtained and course hours)
- Course Description
Without any of these document, applications will not be accepted by the Department of Portuguese.
Please check below the information available for each University and fill in the applications forms as required. You may also visit the website of the University of your interest for further reference, such as contact points and course information.
Should you have any inquiries or require more information, please feel free to contact the Department of Portuguese at room E21-3094 or by telephone at 88228903/4634.
With our best regards
The Department of Poruguese,
Faculty of Arts and Humanities