In the event of a Tropical Cyclone affecting Macao, please remain indoors for your own safety and follow the instructions provided at http://www.smg.gov.mo/smg/severeWeather/e_typhoon_def.htm
Please follow the development of Tropical Cyclone track (http://www.smg.gov.mo/smg/severeWeather/e_typhoon_main.htm) and, should the number 8 signal be hoisted, all classes are cancelled as follows:
Bad Weather Arrangement
Arrangements of Classes and Final Examinations during Typhoons or Rainstorms
(Revised and approved by the Senate on 01 April, 2015)
- Tropical Cyclone Signal No.1 or No. 3
When Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 1 or No. 3 is hoisted, all classes and final examinations will be held as scheduled.
- Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 (or above) or Rainstorm Warning Signal
When Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 (or above) or Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted or cancelled, the following arrangements will be made for classes and final examinations:
|When the signal is hoisted||Indoor Classes / Final Examinations beginning at the following time slots will be cancelled|
|Before the activity starts|
|At or after 6:30 a.m.||Before 2:00 p.m.|
|At or after 12:00 n.n||At or after 12:00 n.n. but before 6:00 p.m.|
|At or after 4:00 p.m.||At or after 4:00 p.m.|
|During the activity||All classes will be suspended immediately. All final examinations will continue till their end as scheduled.|
|When the signal is cancelled||Indoor Classes / Final Examinations beginning at the following time slots will be held as scheduled|
|At or before 6:30 a.m.||All classes and examinations will be held as scheduled.|
|At or before 12:00 n.n.||At or after 2:00 p.m.|
|At or before 4:00 p.m.||At or after 6:00 p.m.|
|After 4:00 p.m.||All classes and final examinations of that day will be cancelled.|
- When Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 (or above) or Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted, all the outdoor teaching activities on that day will be cancelled. If the signal is hoisted at any time while the outdoor teaching activities are taking place, they will be suspended immediately. The staff responsible should take all students to a safe place and make sure that it is safe for them to leave.
- Academic units will announce arrangements for final examination postponement on their webpages.
- The above arrangements are not applicable to the practicum or internship courses. Students who are doing these courses should follow the related arrangements and guidelines of the host organization.
Should any emergency arise, please refer to the following contacts:
Security Enquiry 8822 4126 (ext. 4126)
Security Emergency Hotline: 8822 4000 (ext. 4000)
and follow on-campus emergency procedures mentioned at http://www.umac.mo/hseo/emergency/emergency_procedures.html