Information about BFSU:
- Beijing Foreign Studies University, or the BFSU, is a prestigious university and the first foreign language university in China. Under the direct management of the State Ministry of Education, it offers 67 language programs at the bachelor level, including Portuguese Language, and it is the university offering the most language programs in the country. Besides, it also provides Master and PhD programs in different majors. Through all these Years, BFSU has been cultivating numerous talents for China in the fields such as foreign affairs, foreign trade, international exchange and foreign language teaching. It is an important base for cultivating talents in foreign affairs and translation. Many excellent bilingual talents of Chinese and Portuguese were graduated from this university.
- For more details of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese, please visit: http://xpyx.bfsu.edu.cn/homepage/index.do
Exchange Program Costs:
- Selected students are expected to pay tuition fees to the University of Macau for the one-year (two semesters) exchange period and meet all the living expenses while they are studying in Beijing, in addition to a round trip costs to Beijing. However, Accommodation Fee of a shared room in Beijing Foreign Studies University will be waived for selected students.
Who can apply for this exchange program?
- Prospective first year students who apply for the Bachelor of Arts in Portuguese Studies Programme in Academic Year 2017/2018 are eligible for application. The selection is not merely based on academic records, CV, and other factors and performances such as capabilities and talents, social responsibility and activity, learning attitude and motivation, service to community, etc. will be considered as well. Personal interview may be required. A maximum of 5 students can be selected for this exchange programme.
Credit Transfer and Residential College Requirement after the program
- Since all undergraduate new students of University of Macau admitted in 2017/2018 are required to stay at the University’s Residential Colleges for one academic year, students who study in Beijing Foreign Studies University have to stay at the Residential Colleges after they return to University of Macau to study in the second year. They are also required to enroll two GE English courses and the ‘First Year Experiential Learning’ course in the second year.
- After the programme, students should apply for course exemption at the Department of Portuguese office with the official transcripts, course outlines and proof of course lecture hours from the Beijing Foreign Studies University. Students can only transfer the credits back to University of Macau when they have passed the courses in Beijing Foreign Studies University.
- Students who participate in this programme can also participate in the study abroad programme to Portugal / Brazil in their third year. According to the General Rules Governing Bachelor’s Degree Programmes, the normal limit on the number of credits that can be transferred to a programme is one-third of the total credits required.
Financial Support for Local Students:
- In order to encourage the mobility of the local students, Macau Foundation offers an
Outgoing Exchange Scholarship through the University of Macau for Macau local students to
apply when they are successfully nominated for exchange or study abroad. Maximum
amount of scholarship is MOP10,000 for each semester. This Scholarship is not eligible for
Mainland and nonlocal students to apply.
Interested students please visit the website (http://www.umac.mo/gao/mfoes.php) for
- Please read through Macao Foundation Outgoing Exchange Scholarship Guideline (MFOES
G1) before you start the application.
- Students can submit the application of Macau Foundation Outgoing Exchange Scholarship
by sending the requested documents to email@example.com together with your study
abroad application during the application period.
- Early May 2017 for Macau local students
- Mid-July 2017 for Mainland China students
- 1. Filled application form
- 2. Curriculum Vitae
- 3.A cover letter (Describing why you are interested in applying this exchange program and what your objective is; What are your strengths and weaknesses. Why should we pick you?)
- 4. Transcript in Secondary School (in English)
- 5. Any other supportive documents you want to submit (optional)
- 6. Application for Macao Foundation Outgoing Exchange Scholarship (Macao student only)
- Please note that all selected students have to obtain valid passport or visa on their own.
- To apply, please send all documents to the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2017
For inquiries, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Nuno / Florence, Department of Portuguese, Tel:88228903 / 88224634
- Christine / Elmo, FAH General office, Tel: 88228221 / 88228150