Exchange Period: Academic Year 2019/2020
Information about SISU
Shanghai International Studies University (SISU) is an internationally recognized, prestigious academic institution that ranks among the top foreign studies universities in the state. Under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education, it offers courses in 39 languages including Portuguese language. It also provides Master and PhD programmes in different majors. Throughout the years SISU has been actively cultivating talents in foreign affairs and translation, including excellent bilingual talents of Chinese and Portuguese.
For more details of the School of European and Latin American Studies, please visit: http://www.selas.shisu.edu.cn/.
Exchange Programme Costs (subject to changes):
Selected students are expected to pay tuition fees to the University of Macau for the one-year (two semesters) exchange period and meet all the living expenses while they are studying in Shanghai, in additional to a round trip costs to Shanghai. Accommodation Fee of dormitory in Shanghai International Studies University will also be borne by student. The estimated minimum living cost over there for one semester is about MOP24,200.
Who can apply for this exchange programme?
Current first year students studying in Bachelor of Arts in Portuguese Studies Programme with GPA 3.0 or above are eligible for application. The selection is not merely based on academic records, CV, and other factors and performances such as capabilities and talents, social responsibility and activity, learning attitude and motivation, service to community, etc. will be considered as well. Personal interview will be required. A maximum of 3 students can be selected for this exchange programme.
Credit Transfer after the programme
- After the programme, students should apply for course exemption at the Department of Portuguese office with the official transcripts, course outlines and proof of course lecture hours from the Shanghai International Studies University. Students can only transfer the credits back to University of Macau when they have passed the courses in Shanghai International Studies University.
- Students who participate in this programme can also participate in the study abroad programme to Portugal / Brazil in their third year second semester. According to the General Rules Governing Bachelor’s Degree Programme, the normal limit on the number of credits that can be transferred to a programme is one-third of the total credits required.
Outgoing Exchange Scholarship
Students participating in the Shanghai International Studies University exchange programme can apply for the outgoing exchange scholarship. The Application Period is 28 January – 15 March 2019. For details of outgoing exchange scholarship, please visit: GAO website.
13/02/2019 – 27/02/2019
Documents of Application
- Filled application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter (describing why you are interested in apply this exchange programme and what your objective is; what are your strengths and weaknesses. Why should we pick you?)
- Transcript in UM (in English)
- Any other supportive documents you want to submit (optional)
Please note that all selected students have to obtain valid passport or visa on their own.
To apply, please send all documents hard copies to the Department of Portuguese office E21A Room 3094.
For inquiries, please contact:
Department of Portuguese
Nuno / Dianne
Tel: 8822 8903 / 8822 4703