Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Language and Literature
Duration: 4 years
Medium of Instruction: Chinese
- Cultivating the ability of students to appreciate, analyse, and write in Chinese through systematic learning of Chinese language and Chinese literature;
- Exposing students the fundamental value of humanities through the exposure to Chinese linguistics, Chinese literature, and Chinese culture and helping them understand the basic human beliefs and explore how they manifest in both local and international social intercourse;
- Helping students grasp and appreciate linguistic and cultural diversity, and reflect on their own identity against the context of globalization and adopt an optimistic stance vis-à-vis life.
- This programme emphasizes the coming together of theory and practice and aims to foster students with an international academic vision. Courses taught include Pre-Qin dynasty Literature, Contemporary Literature, Classical Chinese and Modern Chinese. In practical terms, it focuses on the training of writing skills. The greatest feature of this programme lies in its seamless integration of theories and practice.
- The academic standing of the Chinese Department at UM matches international standards. All of our teaching faculty have been trained professionally and holistically, with abundant teaching experience and also in-depth knowledge of Macao.
- The Chinese Department attaches much importance to the extra-curricular activities of students, which ensures a fulfilling four-year university life before they plunge into the job market with confidence.
- Curriculum for students admitted in 2010/2011
- Curriculum for students admitted in 2011/2012
- Curriculum for students admitted in 2014/2015
- Curriculum for students admitted in 2015/2016
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2016/2017
- Obtain 132 credits as stated in the study plan of the programme;
- With cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
Please refer to the Registry’s website for details.
Our graduates work in diverse fields, such as the educational sector, government, business, logistics, tourism, etc. Many excel in professions such as civil servants, teachers, administrators & secretaries, cultural curators, assistants for Legislative Assembly members, etc.