Bachelor of Arts in English Studies
Duration: 4 Years
Medium of Instruction: English
The object of the degree is to produce linguistically proficient and culturally conversant graduates.
The core of the BA in English Studies is a balanced emphasis on literature and linguistics. Students will engage with a wide variety of literature written in English and examine a range of issues concerning the functioning of the English language.
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2017/2018
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2015/2016
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2011/2012
- Curriculum for students admitted before 2011/2012
- GPA Requirement: cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Residential College (RC) Requirement: Mandatory residence of two semesters is normally required for the 1st year students. All students are required to fulfil the requirements specified by the RC system and the affiliated RC.
- Credits requirement as stated in the study plan of the English Studies major
Please refer to the Registry’s website.
Our graduates work in diverse fields, such as government, education, retail, financial services etc.