Bachelor of Arts in Japanese Studies
Duration: 4 Years
Medium of Instruction: Japanese
The Centre for Japanese Studies aims to globalize students in a competitive and cross-cultural environment. The programme focuses on the teaching of language and culture to help students to understand the Japanese society. Students are prepared to have a solid grasp of both Japanese language and culture, whose skill of Japanese and English set differs from those of students produced by other Japanese Studies Programmes in the nearby region. All graduates are trained to act as go-betweens for Japan and Macao even Mainland China, to compete in the job market or to pursue further studies overseas.
- The first and second year courses are taught by devoted instructors who are capable to teach in multiple languages including Japanese language, while conversation courses are taught exclusively by native instructors.
- Other than language courses, students also have the chance to learn content courses on Japanese culture and society, which are taught in Japanese language, at an advanced level.
- Short-term summer programme for up to two weeks in the first or the second year are available. On campus, students have ample opportunities to participate activities outside class, which are designed for practising speaking and listening skills with native speakers.
- One-year exchange programme to universities in Japan is available for students in the third year and above.
- Study Plan for students admitted in academic year 2019/2020
- Study Plan for students admitted in academic year 2018/2019
- Study Plan for students admitted in academic year 2017/2018
- Study Plan for students admitted in academic year 2015/2016
- Study Plan for students admitted in academic year 2014/2015
- Study Plan for students admitted from academic year 2011/2012 onwards (A-B1-XXXX-X students)
- GPA Requirement: cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Residential College (RC) Requirement: Mandatory residence of two semesters is normally required for the 1st year students. All students are required to fulfil the requirements specified by the RC system and the affiliated RC.
- Credits requirement as stated in the study plan of the Japanese Studies major
Please refer to the Registry’s website.
Graduates will be able to work at government sectors and Japanese companies in Macao, in the fields of tourism, production, finance and hospitality industries, as well as to further their education in graduate schools in Japan.