Master of Philosophy in Chinese Literature
Duration: 2 years
Medium of Instruction: Chinese
- Exposing students to classic, modern, and contemporary Chinese literature as well as related theories.
- Improving students’ competence in Chinese literature and enhancing their understanding of latest research and developments in the field.
- Broadening students’ horizon and enable them to explore Chinese literature in new ways, new perspectives and by employing new theories.
- Laying a solid foundation for the further pursuit of studies in Chinese literature.
- Equipping students with the capacity for independent research and the ability to produce high-quality theses
- In-depth understanding of the various aspects of Chinese literature;
- Building competence in academic research in Chinese literature;
- Courses spanning two semesters followed by the writing of a thesis.
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2019/2020 (Master of Philosophy)
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2018/2019 (Master of Arts)
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2015/2016 (Master of Arts)
- Obtain 30 credits as stated in the study plan of the programme;
- GPA Requirement: cumulative GPA of 2.7 or above;
- Write a thesis and pass the oral defence.
Please refer to the website of the Graduate School for details.
- Our graduates enjoy a competitive edge in the education sector and government offices in Hong Kong, Macao and the Chinese mainland.
- Brighter prospects in other fields, encompassing the media, writing, publishing, and cultural creative industry, etc.
- Prepare students to pursue PhD programmes in Chinese literature.