Mestrado em Filosofia em Língua Portuguesa e Estudos Interculturais
Duração: 2 Years
Meio de Instrução: Portuguese
The programme aims to develop the student’s knowledge of language, linguistics, literatures and cultures of the Portuguese speaking world as well as to increase the cultural literacy and critical thinking skills. There are two specializations available, namely the Literary and Intercultural Studies and Applied Linguistics.
On completion of the Literary and Intercultural Studies specialization of this programme students are expected to be equipped with skills to critically analyze and understand the development and use of the Portuguese language in creative and communicative literature which will be demonstrated in their MA thesis
On completion of the Applied Linguistics specialization of this programme, students are expected to be prepared with many of the skills and much of the knowledge needed to solve real-world problems involving Portuguese language and to have success in a competitive job market.
- Literary and Intercultural Studies specialization provides students with an advanced knowledge in Portuguese Speaking World Culture and Literature and gives them the opportunity to develop the study of literature and culture from a variety of perspectives.
- Applied Linguistics specialization entails theory and research of linguistics. Some key focus areas include the role of Portuguese language in communication, cross-cultural communication and language teaching.
- Assistantships opportunities are available for admitted students to work as teaching or research assistants with a stipend.
Requisitos de Graduação
Students must complete the required number of courses (18 credits) and have to gain an overall average of Grade B- (73-77%) or above in all the courses taken. In addition, students must submit an academic thesis (12 credits) written in Portuguese and has an oral defence (in Portuguese) on that thesis.
- Meets the University general application requirements (https://www.umac.mo/grs/en/admissions_regular.php)
- Applicants should have achieved the equivalent* of an overall result of Grade C+ or higher in their Bachelor’s degree studies. The equivalent means 2.3 on the 4.0 GPA scale, 14 on the 20-point scale or 70 out of 100.
- For language requirements for admission, please refer to Remarks, item 1.
- To apply, please click here
Perspectiva de Carreira
International organizations, diplomatic representations, trading companies, international business, translation, language teaching, social media, tourism, communication.
- Language requirements for admission:
- Classes are taught in Portuguese. Some elective courses may be taken in English or Chinese. A student is required to submit a thesis written in Portuguese and has an oral defence (in Portuguese) on that thesis.
- Prospective students who are not native speakers of Portuguese should hold one of the following: a) International certificate issued by Portugal (DIPLE or higher) certificate; b) International certificate issued by Brazil (Celpe-Bras nível intermediário or higher). Exceptions may be considered if a candidate who is not a native speaker holds a relevant BA degree in Portuguese.
- General Rules and Regulations for Current Students
- PISLCS 2018/1 Class Timetable
- ENROLLMENT FORM FOR REQUIRED ELECTIVE COURSE
- THESIS FORMAT (PDF) AND THESIS FORMAT (WORD)
- THESIS COVER AND TABLE OF CONTENTS (EXAMPLE)
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE THESIS SUBMISSION REGULATIONS (please refer to page 18)