PhD The Chinese University of Hong Kong
M.Phil. The Chinese University of Hong Kong
B.A. The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Contemporary Continental Philosophy, esp. Phenomenology and Hermeneutics
- Philosophy of Memory and Forgetting
- Comparative Philosophy
- Chinese Philosophy esp. Daoism and Confucianism
Memory and Forgetting; Philosophy of Love; Applied Ethics; Logic and Critical Thinking; The History of Western Philosophy: Ancient Greek Philosophy; Metaphysics; Epistemology; Principle of Philosophy; Marion’s God without Being; Philosophy of Painting; Contemporary French Philosophy
Prior to joining the University of Macau as Postdoctoral Fellow of Philosophy and Religious Studies in 2019, Tang had been an assistant lecturer at CUHK, where he earned his PhD. He had taught in several Hong Kong and Macau Universities. Tang’s main research interests lie in Philosophy of Memory and Forgetting, Comparative Philosophy and Continental Philosophy, especially Phenomenology and Hermeneutics. He has published more than ten articles on phenomenology, hermeneutics, philosophy of forgiveness, Chinese philosophy in a number of philosophy journals and anthologies. Recently, comparative philosophy constitutes his main research interest.
2019- Postdoctoral Fellow in Philosophy and Religious Studies, University of Macau
2018–2019 Assistant Lecturer in Dept. of Philosophy, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
2013–2015 Assistant College Lecturer in General Education and Philosophy, The Community College at Lingnan University
2013 Part-time Instructor in General Education. Macau University of Science and Technology
2013 Part-time teacher, Hong Kong University SPACE
2012–2013 Part-time College Lecturer in General Education and Philosophy, The Community College at Lingnan University
2012–2013 Part-time College Lecturer in Lingnan LIFE
- “The Double Intentionality of Forgiveness: A Non-Reductive Account of Forgiveness in Ricoeur and Confucius” in The Philosophy of Forgiveness 1, ed., by Court Lewis, Delaware: Vernon Press, 2016: 201-222.
- 〈虛無是否定的唯一基礎嗎？：呂格爾與沙特〉，《現象學與人文科學》 第八期 (2019)，頁31-68。
- “Ji Kang on Music: Two Interpretations”, Journal of Daoist Studies, vol. 12 (2019): 23-34.
- 〈論胡塞爾現象學還原的動機與進路的優先性〉，《現代外國哲學》第十五輯 (2018)，頁138-160。
- “Can the Distinction between the “Abstract West” and the “Concrete East” be Retained? From the Linguistic Perspective”, Kritike: An Online Journal of Philosophy, vol. 12, no. 1 (2018): 201-214.
- “ἐπιλήθομαι (epilelesthai) and λήθη (lethe): On Plato’s Philosophy of Forgetting”, Socrates, vol. 5, no. 3-4 (2017): 40-57.
- “Towards a Phenomenological Foundation of Human Sciences: Ricoeur’s Reinterpretation of Husserl’s Phenomenological Intersubjectivity”, Sofia Philosophical Review, vol. 9 (2016): 66-79.
- “How Can We Make Sense of Schematism? Heideggerian Interpretation of Kant’s Project”, Existentia, vol. 25, no. 1-2 (2015): 95-109.
- “False Memories and Reproductive Imagination: Ricoeur’s Phenomenology of Memory”, META: Research in Hermeneutics, Phenomenology, and Practical Philosophy, vol. 7, no. 1 (2015): 29-51.
- “Husserl’s Transcendental Idealism and its Way Out of Internalism/ Externalism Debate”, META: Research in Hermeneutics, Phenomenology, and Practical Philosophy, vol. 5, no. 1 (2014): 463-483.
- 〈德里達的「非傳統形上學」——從德里達「解構」胡塞爾記號現象學的觀點看〉，《華岡哲學學報》第三期 (2013)，頁77-92。
- “Review of Friedrich-Wilhelm von Herrmann: Hermeneutics and Reflection: Heidegger and Husserl on the Concept of Phenomenology” Horizon: Studies in Phenomenology, 6, no. 1 (2017): 265-271.
- “Review of Jean-Luc Marion: Negative Certainties” Phenomenological Review, (June 2016).
- “Review of Eran Dorfman: Foundation of Everyday” Phenomenological Review, (Feb 2016).
- “Review of Stephen Kaeufer and Anthony Chemero: Phenomenology- An Introduction” Phenomenological Review, (Nov 2015).