Ph.D. in Humanities (Philosophy and Religion), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
M.Phil in Humanities (Philosophy and Religion), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
B.Sc in Mathematics (first-class honor), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Phenomenology (esp. Husserl, Heidegger, Levinas, Derrida), philosophy of time, intercultural philosophy, and Chinese philosophy (esp. Laozi, Zhuangzi).
KWOK, Sai Hang is Postdoctoral Fellow of Faculty of Arts and Humanities. Prior to that, he has been the CLASS Postdoctoral Fellow at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and International Scholar at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium. His research focuses on phenomenology (esp. Husserl, Heidegger, Levinas, Derrida), philosophy of time, intercultural philosophy, and Chinese philosophy (esp. Laozi, Zhuangzi).
2017-2019 CLASS Postdoctoral Fellow, Nanyang Technological University
2015-2016 International Scholar, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- CLASS Seminar/Conference Fund, NTU, 2018.
- CLASS Postdoctoral Fellowship, NTU, 2017.
- Overseas Research Award, HKUST, 2015.
- School of Humanities and Social Science Dean’s Award, HKUST, 2011.
- Wong Wai Chung Prize for Undergraduate Humanities, HKUST, 2009.
2019 “The Absence of Phenomenology in Early 20th Century Chinese Philosophy: A Philosophical Interpretation.”20th Century East Asian Philosophies: Intercultural Entanglements and Original Contributions, Brussels [Forthcoming]
2018 “Emptying the Body: The Space of Harmonization in Daoism.” International Workshop on Conceptions of Harmony in Chinese Thought, Singapore.
2018 “Sign and Hyle: Re-reading Derrida’s Critique of Husserl through the Bernau Manuscripts.” 23rd Annual Meeting on Chinese Phenomenology 第二十三屆中國現象學年會, Nanjing.
2018 “The Problem of Genesis in Derrida and Daoism.” World Congress of Philosophy, Beijing
2018 “Reconstructing the Textual Hermeneutics in Confucianism: Using the Image of Shun as a Paradigm.” Interpreting Chinese Philosophical Texts—Theories, Case Studies and Praxis, Taichung.
2018 “Complexity of the Present: the constitution of time consciousness in Husserl’s phenomenology.” Complexity of Time Conference, Singapore
2017 “Zhuangzi and the Logicians: Two Perspectives on the Difference between ‘zhi 指’ and ‘wu 物’”, International Society for Chinese Philosophy Conference, Singapore.
- Kwok, Sai Hang. “Sign and Hyle: Re-reading Derrida’s Critique of Husserl through the Bernau Manuscripts.” Journal of British Society for Phenomenology 50, no. 3(2019): 234-248. Doi: 10.1080/00071773.2019.1578027.
- Kwok, Sai Hang. “Zhuangzi’s Philosophy of Thing”. Asian Philosophy 26, no. 4(2016): 294–310. Doi: 10.1080/09552367.2016.1244883.
- Kwok, Sai Hang. “Tianming and the Other: Rethinking the Source of Responsibility in the Zhong Yong and Emmanuel Levinas,” Frontiers of Philosophy in China 11, no. 3(2016): 501–520. Doi: 10.3868/s030-005-016-0036-0