PhD in Applied Linguistics (Portuguese)
Duration: 4 Years
Medium of Instruction: Portuguese
- To provide students with a comprehensive study and understanding of the theoretical, empirical, and practical dimensions of Linguistics.
- To enable future researchers to understand the diversity of issues associated with the study of Portuguese Speaking Countries Language in society from a variety of critical and comparative perspectives and frameworks.
- Students should identify scientific questions and subject them to critical analysis in an independent way.
- Through the submission of their thesis, graduates of this programme will make their own contribution to the research field of Linguistics.
- Two tracks:
- Regular track
- In-service track
- More interdisciplinary approach which encompasses related areas such as applied linguistics, cross-language studies, second language acquisition and language pedagogy.
- Tailored to provide relevant insight into curriculum design, teaching methodologies and assessment practices as well.
- Designed for students who are or aspire to a career in Higher Education.
- The in-service track is specially conceived for instructors of Portuguese language, locally and regionally, allowing them to study a PhD degree while attending to their professional obligations.
- Study Plan for students admitted in or after 2018/2019
- Study Plan for students admitted before academic year 2018/2018
Please refer to the following rules and regulations for Postgraduate programmes:
Higher Education career, Language teaching, Research on Language Acquisition, Sociolinguistics, etc.