PhD in Literary and Intercultural Studies (Portuguese)
Duration: 4 Years
Medium of Instruction: Portuguese
- To develop and to strengthen the department’s current research and research training in the areas of Literature, History and Culture of the Portuguese Speaking Countries ranging from different chronological periods , focusing on areas such as Comparative Literature, Translation Studies and Cultural relations between Asia and Portuguese Speaking Countries.
- To stimulate cross-disciplinary approaches and research areas, drawing on the competence and experience of those disciplines’ scholarly traditions.
- Students should identify scientific questions and subject them to critical analysis in an independent way.
- Through the submission of their thesis, graduates of this programme will make their own contribution to research which widens boundaries of knowledge and conforms to the evaluation standards of national and international experts.
- Two tracks:
- Regular track
- In-service track
- More interdisciplinary approach to the literatures and cultures of the Portuguese-speaking world and their related areas within intercultural studies.
- Designed for students who are or aspire to have a career in Higher Education.
- The in-service track is specially conceived for instructors of Portuguese language, locally and regionally, allowing them to study a PhD degree while attending to their professional obligations.
- Study Plan for students admitted in or after academic year 2018/2019
- Study Plan for students admitted before academic year 2018/2019
Please refer to the following rules and regulations for Postgraduate programmes:
Please refer to the Graduate School’s webpage.
Higher Education career, Language teaching, Research on Literary and cultural studies, history, society, identity and public life etc.