Thursday 10:00 - 11:00
Or by appointment
Or by appointment via email@example.com
MA TESOL, 2009
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry, 1999
Lincoln University, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Diagnostic ESOL Reading Assessments
- Mobile learning
- Online learning environments
- Test anxiety
EELC003 Academic English (AE)
Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
Sohar University, Oman
Massey University, New Zealand
Kyungpook National University, South Korea
Haeinsa Buddhist University, South Korea
Member of MAELT 2019 to present
Macau Association of English Language Teachers
Member of AALA 2019 to present
Asia Association for Language Assessment
- ‘A Phenomenological Approach to Determining English Language Test Anxiety’. Pedagogia 2017. Havana, Cuba (February, 2017)
- ‘Making an App for Your Classroom’. The Oman International ELT Conference. (May 2016).
- ‘The Use of Augmented Reality in the Tertiary English Language Classroom: A Case Study’. The International Conference on Education and Management Innovation. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (February, 2016).
- ‘EFL Test Anxiety in Omani Tertiary Students’. International Conference for Teaching and Education. Rome, Italy. (October, 2015).
- ‘Cross-cultural Disparities between Learner and Teacher Expectations in the English-language Classroom’. The 2015 International Education Conference. San Juan, Puerto Rico. (March 2015).
- ‘Education Developments in Oman 1970-2013’. The Oman International ELT Conference. (May 2014).
- ‘Transcribing as a Route to Noticing’. The International Journal of Arts and Sciences C Malta. (March, 2014).
Burnell, K. F., (2015) Output as Input: Facilitating Noticing in Tertiary EFL Learners, Global Journal of Human Social Science-Linguistics and Education. 15(10).
Burnell, K. F., & Denman, C. J., (2015) Cross-cultural Disparities between Learner and Teacher Expectations in the English-language Classroom, 2015 International Business & Education Conference Proceedings San Juan, Puerto Rico.