Half-Year Exchange to Peking University, Beijing
Half-Year Exchange to Peking University
Exchange Period: Second Semester, AY2023/2024
Information about Peking University
Peking University is a comprehensive and national-key university. The campus, known as “Yan Yuan” (the garden of Yan), is situated at Haidian District in the western suburb of Beijing.
Peking University is proud of its outstanding faculty, including 53 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), 7 members of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 14 members of the Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS).
The university has effectively combined research on important scientific subjects with the training of personnel with a high level of specialized knowledge and professional skill as demanded by the country’s socialist modernization. It strives not only for improvements in teaching and research work but also for the promotion of interaction and mutual promotion among various disciplines.
To know more about Peking University, please visit here: https://www.pku.edu.cn/
Who can apply for this exchange programme?
The current second and third-year Undergraduate Local Macao students of the Department of History with a GPA greater than 3.0 (Students with GPA around 3.0 can also be considered) are eligible for application.
Exchange Programme Costs (subject to changes):
Selected students are expected to pay tuition fees to the University of Macau and meet all the living expenses while they are studying in Beijing.
1 – 15 Sep 2023
Application Dossier (Please submit the following documents to GAO application system)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Language Proficiency Requirement (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (Describing why you are interested in applying this exchange program and what your objective is; what are your strengths and weaknesses. Why should we pick you?) (This document can be attached to the ‘Other Supporting Documents’ in GAO application system)
- 2 Reference Letters (This document can be attached to the ‘Other Supporting Documents’ in GAO application system)
Important Notes for Exchange Students
- They must obtain comprehensive insurance and complete at least 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the departure (at students own expenses)
- They need to sign a Participant Declaration before departure
- They have to read the “Rules for Semester-based Outgoing Exchange Programmes” and pay attention to the credits requirement.