FAH-ELC Student Activity: Creative Writing Contest and Workshop
2021-04-01 ~ 2021-05-09
As you may know, the University of Macau celebrates its 40th anniversary this year. To coincide with this theme, the ELC is thrilled to launch: i) a Creative Writing Contest (1-30 April now: 1 April to 9 May) and ii) a Creative Writing Workshop (31 March now: 11 April).
1. Creative Writing Contest
To showcase your creativity, you are invited to write a piece of work in any genre that is relevant to our overarching theme – UM’s 40th birthday. The contest is divided into the following three stages:
- Submission: candidates will submit their writing on Moodle (now: 1 April to 9 May).
- Selection: tutors will select the best 6 pieces of written work.
- Recital event: The selected winners present their story in any forms they prefer at the award ceremony on 12 May.
Prizes are given to the winner, first runner up, second runner up and 3 honourable mentions. Prizes include coupons from the book store.
All UM students are welcome to participate. Please note that collaborative (pairs/groups) work is NOT accepted.
For registration and detailed information, please refer to the poster.
All work must be submitted on/before 9 May (Sunday), much appreciated! We look forward to receiving all the great content.
2. Creative Writing Workshop
Target audience: open to all UM students. The workshop is particularly useful for students who wish to participate in the ELC Creative Writing Contest.
Date: 14 April (Wed.) (update)
Time: 15:00 – 16:30
* Participants will be awarded 1 Smart Point and 15 CS on “Interpersonal Relation and Teamwork”
Tel: 8822 2588
English Writing and Communication Centre
English Language Centre
Faculty of Arts and Humanities