Half-Year Exchange to Xiamen University, Xiamen
Half-Year Exchange to Xiamen University
Exchange Period: Second Semester, AY2022/2023
Information about Xiamen University
Xiamen University (XMU), established in 1921 by renowned patriotic overseas Chinese leader Mr. Tan Kah Kee, is the first university founded by an overseas Chinese in the history of modern Chinese education. XMU has long been listed among China’s leading universities on the national 211 Project, 985 Project and Double First-class initiative, which have been launched by the Chinese government to support selected universities in achieving world-class standing.
With a graduate school, 6 academic divisions consisting of 33 schools and colleges, and 16 research institutes, XMU boasts a total enrollment of nearly 44,000 full-time students with 20,000 undergraduates, 18,000 graduate students toward a master’s degree and 5,000 doctoral candidates. XMU currently has a faculty of over 3,000 full-time teachers and researchers, of whom 32 are the members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences or of the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
To know more about Xiamen University, please visit here: https://en.xmu.edu.cn/
Who can apply for this exchange programme?
The current second and third year Undergraduate Local Macao students of the Department of History with a GPA greater than 3.0 (Students with GPA around 3.0 can be also considered) are eligible for application.
Exchange Programme Costs (subject to changes):
Selected students are expected to pay tuition fees to the University of Macau and meet all the living expenses while they are studying in Xiamen.
7 – 16 September 2022
Application Dossier (Please submit the following documents to GAO application system)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Language Proficiency Requirement (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (Describing why you are interested in applying this exchange program and what your objective is; what are your strengths and weaknesses. Why should we pick you?) (This document can be attached to the ‘Other Supporting Documents’ in GAO application system)
- Two Reference Letters (This document can be attached to the ‘Other Supporting Documents’ in GAO application system)
Important Notes for Exchange Students
- They must obtain comprehensive insurance and complete at least 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the departure (at students own expenses)
- They need to sign a Participant Declaration before departure
- They have to read the “Rules for Semester-based Outgoing Exchange Programmes” and pay attention to the credits requirement.