Half-Year Exchange to LinkÖping University
Exchange Period: Second Semester, AY2022/2023
Information about LinkÖping University
LinkÖping University (LiU) is one of the largest academic institutions in Sweden. In LiU, it offers programmes in fields of medicines, education, business, economics and engineering. It conducts research in a variety of disciplines such as material science, information technology and disability studies. For more information, please visit the University and Exchange Life at LiU.
Who can apply for this exchange programme?
- Full-time FAH bachelor and master students with good academic and disciplinary standing;
- Bachelor students should have completed their first two years of study with a GPA greater than 3.0 by the start date of the exchange period;
- Master students with a GPA greater than 3.0;
- Satisfactory language proficiency.
Courses for Exchange Studies:
To know more about the course offered in LiU, you may visit their course catalogue.
Exchange Programme Costs:
Selected students are expected to pay tuition fees to the University of Macau and meet all the accommodation, meals and living expenses while they are studying in the host university. The estimated minimum living costs such as food, accommodation, local travel, phone, internet and other miscellaneous will be about EUR820/USD$920 per month. For details, you may visit their website about the Living Costs. Other than the living costs, selected students also need to pay for the cost of transportation such as the international round trip air ticket and local transportation etc. In addition, please note that selected students have to apply for visas on their own if a visa is needed.
9 – 21 Sep 2022
Application Dossier (Please submit the following documents to GAO application system)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A certificate or official document of your English Proficiency, i.e. TOEFL / IELTS scores (result must be within recent 2 years)
- Statement of Purpose (Describing why you are interested in applying this exchange program and what your objective is; what are your strengths and weaknesses. Why should we pick you?) (The documents can be attached to ‘Other Supporting Documents’ in GAO application system)
- Two Reference Letters (The documents can be attached to ‘Other Supporting Documents’ in GAO application system)
For any enquiry, please contact Carol / Christine at email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com , General Office of Faculty of Arts and Humanities (FAH).
Important Notes for Exchange Students
- They must obtain comprehensive insurance and complete at least 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the departure (at students own expenses)
- They need to sign a Participant Declaration before departure
- They have to read the “Rules for Semester-based Outgoing Exchange Programmes” and pay attention to the credits requirement.
- Read carefully the relevant application requirement;
- Consult your programme coordinator about course selection and credit transferability;
- Apply for the exchange programme (Application period: 9 – 21 Sep 2022) and complete the application through GAO application system.
- Check your email for the assessment arrangement after the application period;
- Check your email for the nomination result;
- Apply for the exchange to the host university and receive the acceptance letter;
- Prepare and submit your learning agreement;
- Prepare your departure