The main objectives of the MA Program in Chinese History and Culture are to serve the local Primary and Secondary school teachers exclusively, allowing them, mostly via intensive lectures, interactive class discussions, and creative presentations, to advance and update their knowledge of Chinese history and culture, enhance their capability of appreciating and disseminating the achievements of the Chinese civilization, strengthen their skill and foundation for independent studying and excellent teaching of Chinese history and culture, as well as promote via the students the affection for and identity with the Chinese civilization among Macao’s youth community.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this programme, students should be able to:
1. The students would demonstrate their solid knowledge and effective skill by class exams and presentations to well teach the course of Chinese history and culture at Macao’s elementary and high schools by the time of graduation, which could be reflected by their self-reflection, or the report and comments from colleagues or supervisor at their working unit;
2. The students would display the progression of their research and writing capability of the learned subject demonstrated by their homework, classroom works and project report;
3. The students would develop an effective and well thought-out pedagogy for teaching Chinese history and culture for their own students, as well as the sustaining capability of independent research and self-taught of the subject, which shall be mainly proved by their project report;
4. The graduates, if working at local schools, would be able to effectively help their students in learning the knowledge of Chinese history and culture as well as their learning capability, which could be reflected by the comments from their students or colleagues;
5. With their enhanced reading and writing Chinese as well as knowledge of Chinese history and culture, the graduates are capable to work competently at museum, library, government, organizations, research institutes, etc., which shall be seen from the comment or report from their employer or colleagues.