PhD in Literary Studies (Chinese)
Duration: 4 years
Medium of Instruction: Chinese
- Fostering scholars who are well-versed in ancient and modern Chinese language and literature as well as related theories;
- Enhancing capacity for independent research and publication of research findings;
- Enabling candidates to produce high-quality doctoral theses.
- In-depth research into specific aspects of Chinese literature;
- Excellence in academic research in Chinese literature and innovative findings in the field;
- Courses spanning two semesters followed by the writing of a doctoral dissertation.
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2020/2021
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2018/2019
- Curriculum for students admitted in or after 2016/2017
- Curriculum for students admitted in 2015/2016
- Students who have obtained a relevant Master’s degree are required to take 5 courses (8 credits), otherwise students are required to take 9 courses (20 credits).
- Write a doctoral dissertation and pass the oral defence
Please refer to the website of the Graduate School for further details.
- Our graduates enjoy a competitive edge in leading universities and research institutions across the world.
- Pursue a career in the educational institutions and government departments in Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, and Macao.
- Work in fields including the media, writing, publishing, and cultural creative industry, etc.