The 24th International Conference on Yue Dialects
will be held at the
University of Macau on
November 13-14 (Friday-Saturday), 2020.
ORGANIZER: Faculty of Arts and Humanities,
University of Macau
CONFERENCE THEME: Language contact
Keynote speakers 主題演講嘉賓
Prof. David C. S. LI 李楚成 教授
(Polytechnic University of Hong Kong)
Prof. Kang-kwong LUKE 陸鏡光 教授
(Nanyang Technological University)
Call for Papers 徵稿通知
The 24th International Conference on Yue Dialects will be held at the University of Macau on November 13-14 (Friday-Saturday), 2020. The Conference will be hosted by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, University of Macau. “Language contact” is the theme of this year’s conference, with a view to encouraging research on language contact phenomena involving Cantonese, including, but not limited to, code-switching, borrowing (lexical and structural/grammatical), heritage Cantonese and Cantonese as a second language. In addition to studies pertaining to the theme, as in previous years, we welcome research on all aspects of Cantonese (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, language acquisition, sociolinguistics, semantics, pragmatics and discourse) and different varieties of Cantonese.
Details of the Conference are as follows:
Each presentation will be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion.
1) All submitted abstracts can be written either in English or in Chinese, and are limited to one single-spaced A4 page, with 1-inch margin all around. Use font size 12 throughout. Any reference list must be included in the one-page limit.
2) The abstract should not contain the name(s) of the author(s) and the affiliation(s), and must be submitted electronically to the Organizing Committee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Each anonymous abstract submitted must be in both MS Word format AND PDF format. In addition, the electronic copy of the abstract should be saved by using the title of the paper.
4) In the body of the email, please fill in the following information:(a) Name(s) of Author(s); (b) Institutional Affiliation(s); (c) Contact Address; (d) E-mail address; (e) Area of research (e.g., phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, discourse, sociolinguistics, language acquisition, others); and (f) Title of the paper.
5) We will accept at most one single-authored work AND one joint-authored work by an individual.
6) All abstracts will be reviewed anonymously. Only those abstracts that are accepted are eligible for presentation.
7) Important Dates:
每篇論文報告時間暫訂為 20 分鐘，討論時間 10 分鐘。