The Department of English in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of Macau offers a two-year MA in English Studies that is designed to develop your knowledge of the language and literatures of the English-speaking world. You will expand your knowledge of English linguistics and literature and develop your skills in reading, writing, speaking and critical analysis. After the course you will be better equipped for further academic study, or for a professional career in a world where a deep knowledge of English is increasingly a passport to success. The programme benefits from the presence of staff members who can all draw on international experience of research and teaching.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
1. Knowledge and Comprehension: Students will be able to identify the given texts and interpret their content in a written format.
2. Application: Students will be able to develop and formulate a practicable research topic.
3. Analysis, synthesis and evaluation: Students should be able to compose a reasoned discussion on their chosen text supporting their arguments with textual evidence and help from secondary material.
4. Appreciation of the symbiotic role played by art, film and music in relation to literature.
5. General enhanced reading and writing skills.